For the enjoyment of others and the protection of the gardens, please follow these simple guidelines while visiting:
- View and smell flowers, fruits, leaves and seeds, but please leave them for others to enjoy.
- Marvel at the trees, walls, sculptures and fountains, but please do not climb on them.
- Enjoy food offered in the café, however, food is not allowed in the garden areas. Outside food is not allowed on garden grounds including the café. Picnicking on garden grounds and coolers are not permitted.
- With the exception of aide dogs, animals are prohibited.
- Strollers are permitted in the gardens.
- Lauritzen Gardens is not a park. No jogging or running. Recreational games, such as frisbee and kite flying, as well as bicycles, sleds, skateboards, scooters and roller blades are not allowed in the visitor and education center or anywhere in the gardens.
- Smoking is not permitted in any building.
- Kindly stay on paths and sidewalks and out of water features.
- No commercial photography please. Our photography policy is available at the admission desk. Tripods are not permitted.
- Allow yourself time to experience the garden. Go slowly; sit, stroll, relax and enjoy the day. Study and admire the flowers, plants, shrubs, trees, grasses, seeds, colors, shapes, textures, landscape, sky, ponds, insects and birds. Observe the weather, soil and light conditions, and feel the elements of the day. Listen to the sounds of nature's orchestra.
Lauritzen Gardens is a living museum of unique four-season plant displays maintained to the highest standards consistent with environmental stewardship. It provides memorable educational and aesthetic experiences for all.