Sunday, October 29 | Noon to 4 p.m.
Scare yourself silly at Lauritzen Gardens! Come to the garden in costume for our annual Ghoulish Garden Adventure. Explore the visitor and education center and the garden, and enjoy trick or treating at twelve different activity stations throughout the garden. Learn about pumpkins, spiders and other creepy crawlies, and make a few ghoulish crafts to take home.
2016 activity stations:
- Spooky Spider's Lair with Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium
- Haunted Hallow Candy Stations
- Live Birds with Raptor Recovery
- Creepy Creatures with Papio-Missouri River Natural Resources District
- Monster Mash
- Ghostly Games Nook
- Model Railroad Garden Ghost Town
- Wild and Wicked Plants
- Enchanted Tales Storytime with the Omaha Public Library
- Creation Station with ghoulish crafts to create and take home
- Terrific Temporary Tattoos
Watch the Evil Queen and Odette dance from Swan Lake with the Heartland Youth Ballet from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Also meet and greet 501st members dressed as characters from Star Wars!
Activities will be indoors and outdoors. Costumes are optional, but fun is mandatory! Children must be accompanied by an adult. Bring a camera to take memorable snap shots and a trick-or-treat sack to
collect ghoulish goodies! The café will have a seasonal menu of beverages,
snacks and food available for purchase. This spooktacular event is designed to
provide a safe and fun Halloween outing for families in a garden
This event is FREE with paid garden admission or membership. Admission is $10 for adults, $5 for children 6-12 and free for members and children under six.