Lauritzen Gardens offers just the right setting for an outdoor wedding ceremony. There are several different gardens to accommodate any wedding needs - whether it be a small, romantic ceremony or a full-scale, elaborate one.
Outdoor garden space may be rented after 6 p.m. when the visitor and education center is also being rented for the reception. A ceremony site may only be rented if reservations are made less than six months prior to the event date (Blackout dates may apply. Please inquire about the availability of specific dates with the rental coordinator.
Each gardens is unique and each is suited to different types of ceremonies. Capacity is limited to the numbers listed below:
Festival Garden - 300 seated or standing
Victorian Garden - 50 standing, no chairs allowed
Rose Garden - 50 seated or standing
Arboretum - 400 seated or standing
Herb Garden - 100 seated or standing
Founders' Garden - 100 seated or standing
*Other garden options are available.
The rental fee for any outdoor garden is $1,000 for every three hours of the event. If any time beyond three hours is spent on the grounds, the client will be billed for an additional three-hour block.
Rental Rate Includes:
- Rental of the garden of choice
- Three hours to include set-up, ceremony and tear down (placement of chairs, photography, setup of sound equipment, etcetera, must take place within the three-hour timeframe)
- Garden admission and parking for all guests (Guests arriving prior to the rented time are subject to admission fees)
This fee provides the garden space and no other accommodations such as chairs, tents, preparation room or use of the visitor and education center. Outdoor chairs are not provided by the garden.
Inclement Weather Plan
A rain plan should be in place (off-site) if visitor and education center has not been rented for the reception. If the visitor center is rented for the reception, it may be possible to move the ceremony indoors due to inclement weather. The decision to move indoors must be made prior to noon on the day of the ceremony. If moved indoors, there is no guarantee the exact setup or configuration desired will be recreated based on manpower, display configuration and availability of space.
Use of a selected garden for a rehearsal is subject to availability. If the client chooses to rehearse onsite, they must make prior arrangements with the director of visitor services to assure no conflicting schedules.
General Ground Rules
The following are strictly prohibited:
- Food anywhere on the grounds at any time
- Chairs or guests standing in flower beds
- Grooming or decorating of existing plants
- Open fires
- Alcohol during business hours
- Decorations attached to any surface
- Use of confetti, glitter, rice, birdseed, balloons, feathers or fireworks (bubbles and butterflies are acceptable)
- Pets (with the exception of aide animals)
- Cars, bicycles, skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, sleds, etc.- Signage of any kind
- All ceremony arrangements, including officiate
- All rental equipment (chairs, sound system, tent, etcetera)
- Inclement weather plan
- Removal of all personal effects such as decorations, clothing, cameras, etcetrea (all items left behind will be disposed of after 48 hours)
As a convenience to clients, the garden has added the following options to make the event memorable:
The tram may be rented for private use after 6 p.m. (if the visitor and education center has also been rented for the reception) at a rate of $100 per hour.
Please note that the garden is not accessible by motorized vehicles. From the back door of the visitor and education center to the furthest garden is approximately a mile and a half roundtrip. With the exception of the festival garden, all rental chairs and other rented equipment must be transported from the visitor and education center to the chosen garden by staff at a rate of $35 per man hour. All rented material must be picked up from the garage prior to 9 a.m. the following morning unless other arrangements have been made through visitor services.
Book an Event:
(402) 346-4002, ext. 261